- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Staff
- City Financials
- City Town Statistics
- Works Information
Welcome to Badami Town Muncipal Council Website
CHALUKYA UTSAV 2014 FEB 7, 8 & 9
Badami (Kannada: ಬಾದಾಮಿ), formerly known as Vatapi, is a town and headquarters of a taluk by the same name, in the Bagalkot district of Karnataka, India. It was the regal capital of the Badami Chalukyas from 540 to 757 AD. It is famous for rock cut and other structural temples. It is located in a ravine at the foot of a rugged, red sandstone outcrop that surrounds Agastya lake.
Landmarks in Badami include cave temples, gateways, forts, inscriptions and sculptures.
- A Buddhist cave in a natural setting that can be entered only by crawling on knees.
- The Bhutanatha temple, a small shrine, facing
the lake, constructed in 5th century.
- Badami Fort situated on top of the hill.
- Many Shivalayas including the Malegitti Shivalaya with 7th century origins.
- The Dattatreya temple.
- The Mallikarjuna temple dating back to the 11th century, built on a star shaped plan.
- a Dargah, a dome of an Islamic place of worship on the south fort side.
- Vista points on top of the North Fort for the view of the ancient town below.
- Temple of Banashankari, a Kuladevata (family deity) for many families, is located near Badami.
- Archaeological museum, that has collection of sculptures from Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal.
Karnataka Municipal Reforms Project(KMRP) Computerized Applications Detail
The Computerised Applications Under the Project KMRP are Available in TMC Badami for the benefit of the Citizens of the Town.
- Office Website: All the Information related to Town Municipal Council Badami are available in the official website www.badamitown.gov.in . The site is made available by Municipal Reforms Cell to achieve transperency in the Administration of the Town. The information Available in the website are Staff Details, Council Details, Council Proceedings, PDL, RTI , Water Supply, SWM, Statistical information, Financial details, Work Details etc.
- Birth & Death Records Computerization: Registration of Birth & Death records is made Live on From 1990 onwards all the birth and death entries are available online. Click Here Public can view the online records through official website
- Public Grievance Redressal Cell (HELPLINE): PGR Cell is setup in TMC Badami to Redress the complaints regarding Street Lights, Water Supply, Drain/Garbage Cleaning etc. Canara Vikasa Grameenabhivrddhi Samsthe(R), Mundgod has been Appointed to maintain the cell and is Working 12X7. Public can register their complaints via Phone, Letter or visit our official website Click Here Helpline No is 08357-220052.
- Property Tax Information System: PTIS is one of the Most important Applications of Reforms Project. As per 2005-06 survey all 23 wards properties have been registered online & It is made live for the Postings on 22-07-2013. Public can view their property details available online at website Click Here and Pay their Tax at TMCOffice.
Fund Based Accounting System: Double Entry Accounting System is Introduced in the ULB from 01-04-2009. It has the following advantages over single entry accounting sytsem.
- Easier detection of errors and frauds.
- A more accurate calculation of income and loss.
- Inclusion of assets and liabilities in the books of account.
- Preparation of financial statements directly from the accounts.
Location : Near Bijapur & Bagalkot Karnataka
Languages : Kannada, English & Hindi
Population : 30943 (Cenus 2011)
Major Attraction : Cave Temples
Best Visiting Time : Months between October and February
Office No : 08357-220052
Fax No : 08357-220308
This Page is Maintained by Chief Officer, TMC Badami